I realize I have been silent for quite sometime – just didn’t have much to say given our current climate of a vitriolic left advocating violence. But this showed up in my in-box today, and after verifying its content, I wanted to share it. The issues listed below deal with the NFL’s strict uniform code, while kneeling for the flag is not a violation of the uniform code. But if you can have a uniform code, can you not have a code of conduct?
NFL History…history not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders.
I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to understand just when the public’s respect for the NFL organization started to crumble….
- In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
- In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
- In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said “Know Jesus Know Peace” but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
- In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing “Find the Cure” eye black for breast cancer awareness.
- In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem..).
- In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
- 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden…
It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue:
For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11…
BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America, and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters.
That is who and what the NFL now is shown itself to be.
Honor our military; too many of whom have come home with the
American Flag draped over the coffin.